WHEN: Saturday, March 19th & Sunday, March 20th
11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Trump Taj Mahal Casino
Opal Room D – 2nd Floor
If you are serious and committed about working this summer, I recommend that you attend the job fair. To help you increase your chances of getting hired, I’ve listed a few tips below:
- Go to bed early the night before & set your alarm clock.
- Obtain three (3) references for your job application. Always ask for permission from your references before you write a person’s name on your application. Teachers, coaches, advisors, counselors, and mentors are the best references. Do Not use family members as references.
- Go online and do a little research about the Steel Pier. You can show the interviewer that you took the time to learn about the company that you’re applying for.
- Arrive early.
- Dress professionally (no jeans, hats, scarves, visible electronic devices, sneakers, etc..)
- Review the attached sample interview questions. Sample Interview Questions
- Bring your own pen (blue or black ink only) and complete your application neatly. Also bring a notebook- in case you need a hard surface to write on.
- Bring a résumé (not required but may increase your chance of getting hired). If you don’t have a résumé, click on the résumé” tab above for a sample.
- Behave!! You don’t know who’s watching you while you’re standing in line! Remember your manners, “thank you,” “please,” “you’re welcome,” “yes mam,” “no sir.”
- Don’t chew gum
- Smile! Sit up straight! Look the interviewer in the eye.
Good luck and stay focued.
Ability is what you’re capable of doing…
Motivation determines what you do…
Attitude determines how well you do it.
— Lou Holtz (look him up)