DEDICATION. EFFORT. ACCOMPLISHMENT.
- Be high school seniors or graduates or be current undergraduate students
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2013–14 academic year (excluding proprietary and online schools)
- Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or select Design and Business-related programs of study. See the list of eligible majors.
- Be interested in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico
REWARDING ACHIEVEMENT, EXPERIENCE & COMMITMENT
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
- Academic achievement and financial need
- Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience and interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industry
- Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel
The majority of the scholarships will be awarded to students majoring in Engineering/Technology fields.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services. All scholarship recipients may be subject to a criminal background check. Recipients of a Buick Achievers Scholarship shall not commit any act that indicates dishonesty or moral turpitude or that otherwise could materially injure the General Motors Foundation, Buick or General Motors Company’s reputation. If such an act is committed by a Buick Achievers Scholarship Program recipient, the Buick Achievers Scholarship award shall immediately be revoked. In no instance will any Director or Officer of the General Motors Foundation or any employee of General Motors play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
CELEBRATING FUTURE LEADERS
Recipients will be awarded one scholarship at either of the two award levels:
- 1,000 Buick Achievers Scholarships of $2,000
- 100 Buick Achievers National Scholarships of up to $25,000 per year, renewable for up to four years, and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program.
- The actual award amount will not exceed the total cost of the student’s tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board and other allowable expenses, less other gift aid known at the time of application (scholarships, grants and other awards that do not have to be paid back). Awards are renewable for the given years noted above or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon maintaining a cumulative 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale), full-time enrollment and continuing to major in an eligible field of study.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.