The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is looking for student volunteers. If you are available, June 27th – August 19th and you are a Sophomore or Junior in high school, you should consider the position.
The FAA is located at The William J. Hughes Technical Center in Pomona and is responsible for aerospace safety. Although this is an unpaid position, the experience and knowledge you will gain are immeasurable.
- Be a United States Citizen;
- Must meet the minimum age allowed for Federal employment, which is 16, as described in OPM’s regulations on child labor at 5 CFR 551.601;
- Be actively enrolled not less than half-time in high school;
- Be nominated by your educational institution;
- Sign and comply with the conditions of the volunteer student service agreement. This must also be signed by the academic institution;
- Comply with New Jersey state Child Labor Laws and complete an employment certificate form A300, also known as “working papers”; and
- Comply with the FAA personnel security requirements which will include being fingerprinted.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume, unofficial transcript (official transcript will be required, if selected), and a letter of recommendation from the educational institution.
All documents may be submitted by mail or email to:
Human Resource Specialist
FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center
ACT Regional HR Services Division, AHF-E300
Atlantic City International Airport, NJ 08405