Work Permits

Child Labor Laws were established to protect minors in the workplace.  The labor laws  require all minors under the age of 18 to obtain a work permit.  The work permit, sometimes referred to as “working papers” or “employment certificates” can be obtained from my office in Guidance ( G200F).

This permit is only valid in New Jersey. To obtain a work permit, you must have a promise of employment (job offer).  Once you have a job offer, obtain a pass from your teacher to come to my office or email me at and I will send for you.

Sample Work Permit

For more information on child labor laws, visit:

Most Frequently Asked Questions – Working Papers

About Working Papers Brochure


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s